If I dislike being corrected,
If I answer very quickly,
If I know others who are not as wise as I,
I know nothing yet of wisdom.
Many people want wisdom, but think it is a gauge of what we know. But wisdom is more about what we do than what we know. It deals with who we are and with the decisions we make. Acting properly most often brings happiness and prosperity. If we are unhappy and things are not going well, it is nearly always because we have been acting unwisely.
Taken from the book of Proverbs, here are a few things that wisdom does: “The wise in heart will receive commandments”; “He that refraineth his lips is wise”; “A wise man will hear, and will increase learning”; “The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.”
Wise people are usually happy people because they avoid all the trials and vexations of the soul that come from foolish mistakes. There is a right and wrong decision or action for everything. Wisdom knows and chooses the right decision.
Can anyone become wise? God’s Word says they can if they want. So, let’s learn how to get wisdom, and how to use it, shall we?
This character booklet contains:
- Scriptures regarding the trait to be learned
- Bible examples of the trait
- How Jesus lived the trait in His earthly life
- Practical lessons on the trait
- Instructions in developing the trait
- Stories centering on the trait
- Poems involving the trait
- Practical applications and more!
- A thirty-day journal to schedule and record one’s progress.
[Softcover, 67 pages, 17cm x 20cm]